Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Hi everyone! I’m happily married to my “employer”, he pays me well. I’m a fulltime housewife, who earns about $300 a day. I’m not just a house wife, with a big curly hair, though it would look nice if done by a professional. My girlfriends think I’m stupid, to give up my high paying executive job, to give up all the fishes in the pond, the trees in the forest. To be a housewife, like who wants to be a housewife at an age of 24? I mean, come on, there’s so much more to do outside than to stay at home and be a maid. “Go out and live your dream” they said. And usually, I would just smile at them.

They laugh because they didn’t understand. I AM living my dream, my dream of finding my true love, my dream of living for and with someone I love. They haven’t experience the joy of doing these manual chores for the ones they love, the satisfaction of seeing loved ones smile after a tedious day at work, when they come home. His smile just melts my heart.
But my dream is not all complete. I want children! I wonder what they would look like. My eyes? His nose? His mother’s lips? Ewww no please! Ok his mother’s lips are not that bad. I’m not going to bring my kid up like how other parents did to their own kid. I’m not going to stress my kid out or let them sit in front of the computer or tv the whole day. I’m going to bring them around the world, and let them experience the world.

But most importantly, help them fulfill their own dreams "

my monologue of a housewife. I don't know why, but i really like this piece. and it's not just because it is written by me..

No comments: